Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, enroll right here.
One thing is loading.
Let’s get began.
1. Fb fired dozens of staff for abusing entry to consumer knowledge. Between 2014 and 2015, the corporate fired 52 staff who exploited the information for private means — together with an engineer who used it to discover a girl who left him after a combat. Extra on that right here.
2. Invoice Gates mentioned “messing up” in his marriage at Solar Valley’s billionaire summer season camp. In an “off the report” Q&A session on the convention, Gates emotionally mentioned his divorce from Melinda French Gates. Here is what attendees mentioned about his response.
3. Tesla and real-estate big Brookfield are constructing a neighborhood in Austin filled with renewable-energy tech. The transfer marks the primary formal neighborhood Tesla is constructing from the bottom up, and the houses can be geared up with Tesla photo voltaic roofs and battery storage. Be taught extra concerning the homes right here.
4. A soccer NFT buying and selling startup is closing in on the biggest-ever spherical in French tech. Japanese funding big SoftBank is about to steer a $530 million spherical into Sorare, which permits followers to commerce digital enjoying playing cards. Check out the small print of the deal right here.
5. A brand new report exhibits tech staff are flocking to 10 sudden cities. The report ranked cities — giant and small — with the best concentrations of tech staff. See the place tech staff are transferring.
6. 3D printers may rework the style trade. Having the ability to obtain, print out, and recycle your garments — all by utilizing a private printer — is a step towards a extra sustainable style future, in line with Refinery29. Learn up on the ability of non-public 3D printers.
7. Elon Musk claimed he turned down “a number of high-paid jobs” on Wall Avenue. Throughout a court docket case on Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity, Musk mentioned he turned the roles all the way down to deal with the booming tech trade. Listed here are 4 extra of his wild remarks — together with that he “hates” operating Tesla.
8. An 82-year-old is heading to house with Blue Origin and Virgin Galactic. Aviator Wally Funk, who’s becoming a member of Jeff Bezos in house later this month, additionally plans on taking the Virgin Galactic journey she paid $200,000 for over a decade in the past. Get the small print on her adventures.
9. Forward of its IPO, Fowl says enterprise is rebounding — however key investor Constancy would not seem satisfied. Constancy has slashed the worth of its shares, disclosing that its Fowl stake was value half of what it was late final 12 months. Here is what else you’ll want to know.
10. Seven highly effective folks in Biden’s administration are pushing to interrupt up Huge Tech. His latest government order encouraging antitrust companies to be extra aggressive with enforcement opened a brand new entrance within the federal authorities’s battle to rein in tech giants. Meet the seven advisers on the forefront.
From our associates at Refinery29: Try This AM, a each day publication preserving you impressed and knowledgeable.
Compiled by Jordan Erb. Suggestions/feedback? Electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @JordanParkerErb.
Join extra Insider newsletters right here.