An organization picnic can enhance morale, foster collaboration, and present your appreciation in your crew. However these workplace occasions additionally take cautious planning and coordination to perform these objectives. If you happen to’re within the team-building advantages however aren’t positive the place to begin, learn on for a whole information for planning the proper firm picnic.
What’s a Firm Picnic?
An organization picnic is an occasion the place everybody from a office gathers to eat meals and luxuriate in enjoyable video games and actions. These occasions are sometimes hosted outdoor through the summer season and should embrace picnic meals like sandwiches and sizzling canines. Some have themes like seashore events or carnivals. Companies usually host these to foster a happier, extra collaborative crew and to indicate appreciation for his or her onerous work all year long.
Why do corporations have picnics?
Companies usually host firm picnics for team-building functions. You might need some individuals in a big workplace who’ve by no means spent a lot time collectively. So having them meet and take part in video games and actions could foster extra collaboration between departments. It is usually seen as a perk by many workers that will make them happier and extra productive at work.
14 Issues to Think about when Planning a Firm Picnic
1. Determine on a BudgetWhen internet hosting a picnic, you often must pay for a location, meals, and actions. The price goes up based mostly on what number of workers attend. So resolve how a lot your small business is ready to put aside earlier than you begin buying. If you happen to go over funds, it could reduce into different essential enterprise actions.
For instance, an organization with a $2,000 funds could e book an area park for $200, then spend about $1,500 on a caterer and the ultimate $300 on card tables and outside video games like horseshoes. A smaller crew with a funds of about $500 could merely host a picnic outdoors their workplace constructing to restrict the price and buy a sandwich platter for meals.
2. Choose A Appropriate DateCompany picnics are usually hosted outdoor. So take into account the climate when selecting a date. You could not be capable to predict all outcomes however keep away from seasons the place it’s chilly or consistently wet. Typically, early and late summer season or fall is good.
Moreover, don’t host firm occasions on main holidays that workers could need to spend with household. For instance, in case your crew will get Memorial Day or Labor Time without work, don’t host your picnic on these dates. They’re probably wanting ahead to a break on these dates.
3. Set the Time of the PicnicIf your visitor checklist consists of simply employees members, attempt to host it throughout enterprise hours. Taking them away from their household for an additional work occasion could look like much less of a perk. Nonetheless, for those who’re inviting their spouses and youngsters, take into account a late afternoon begin time, like Four p.m., so these with college and different jobs can nonetheless attend. You may additionally merely speak to your workers to see what time they would favor.
4. Think about Hiring Occasion PlannersYou can actually plan a easy picnic by yourself. However if you’d like the occasion to face out otherwise you merely don’t have further time to place all the things collectively, occasion planners may help. They’ll coordinate with distributors and guarantee all the things runs easily based mostly in your theme, objectives, and funds.
If you happen to’re undecided the place to begin, your native chamber of commerce could have members who plan company occasions. If you happen to already host firm banquets or fundraisers, the planners you’re employed with for these occasions may additionally assist with crew picnics.
5. Get the Guestlist RightMost corporations invite all workers to firm picnics. However you might also permit them to carry company like vital others and/or youngsters. Think about your funds and the area obtainable to see if doubling or tripling the visitor checklist appears possible. Because you probably received’t have an precise headcount till individuals RSVP, keep away from buying last-minute particulars for the occasion till you will have the principle prices like meals lined. Moreover, if your small business must be staffed throughout your organization picnic, take into account having a number of occasions so the employees members working can nonetheless get pleasure from some meals and crew constructing.
6. Choose a ThemeA theme could not appear mandatory for a corporation picnic. However it will probably inform each planning choice you make and assist the occasion appear cohesive. So it’s really one of the essential selections you may make early on. A theme could be based mostly on a location, exercise, or occasion. You must also resolve whether or not your occasion is kid-friendly, as that may inform the theme selection. These are some wonderful firm picnic concepts to think about.
Firm Picnic ConceptsCaribbean: A Caribbean theme in your firm picnic could embrace tropical decor and meals from the area. The menu might embrace shrimp and spiced meats over rice and veggies, with a lot of fruit and tropical drinks. This will work for a laid-back office and mid-summer picnics.
Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest picnics revolve round beer and German-inspired meals. That is most likely finest for picnics with simply your crew and their vital others.
Carnival: A carnival theme is ideal for kid-friendly picnics. You’ll be able to preserve the meals easy with corndogs and funnel truffles. And as a substitute, put money into enjoyable video games and actions like ring toss and making balloon animals.
Mardi Gras: Mardi Gras is a extra grownup theme for a picnic. Go for New Orleans-inspired meals like jambalaya and beignets. And embrace drinks and music in your plans.
Seaside Social gathering: A seashore theme could be both adults-only or kid-friendly. It’s excellent for many who need a laid-back environment. Hold the meals easy with sizzling canines and hamburgers or sandwiches and play video games like seashore volleyball.
On line casino: On line casino evening is ideal for a night occasion with simply your workers and their vital others. Usher in on line casino video games like slots and blackjack together with finger meals and drinks.
Luau: Luaus are Hawaiian-themed occasions excellent for the entire household. Distinctive dishes like roast pork and pineapple can spherical out the menu. You would possibly even usher in entertainers like hula dancers to create a memorable occasion.
Western: A western theme could mimic a hoedown or outdated west saloon. Play up the cowboy components if youngsters are attending. Actions like line dancing could also be excellent for this type.
7. Select the Excellent VenueThe venue is without doubt one of the most essential components of any firm picnic. Select a location that’s simple to get to and capable of accommodate all of your company. Your selection may additionally range based mostly on the theme. For instance, a kid-friendly get together must be at a secure and accessible location like a park with swings and a playscape.
ParkCommunity CenterCampgroundBeachSports fieldsZooOutdoor banquet centerOffice parking lotRestaurant patioHigh rise rooftop8. Craft the Menu for Your Workplace PicnicYour menu may additionally rely in your theme and funds. For instance, a carnival-themed occasion could embrace cotton sweet and corndogs, whereas a Caribbean-themed get together could focus extra on shrimp and seafood. Whatever the theme, be sure that the menu gadgets match inside your funds and are simple to move and serve at scale.
Whereas each occasion is completely different, there are just a few well-liked picnic meals that may work at almost each get together. For instance, sizzling canines and potato salad are usually simple to move and even prepare dinner on website.
9. Select Actions and GamesActivities present some construction for a corporation picnic and get everybody to work together with each other. The particular video games or challenges you select rely in your objectives and who’s attending. For instance, in case your purpose is to foster extra collaboration, team-building workouts could also be preferrred. However for those who simply need to present a enjoyable time for workers and their households, easy outside video games could suffice.
Staff buildingSack raceSlip n slideTug of warToss golf challengeHorseshoesScavenger huntEgg on a spoon raceArt contestMad libs10. Select EntertainmentEntertainment may additionally give your picnic some construction and add a little bit of enjoyable. Think about your theme and the kind of environment you need to present. These are completely different than actions as a result of individuals could not take part in them in an organized manner.
For instance, for those who’re planning a western-themed occasion, rodeo leisure could also be preferrred. However if you’d like the main focus to be on team-building workouts, preserve it easy with music so everybody can mingle after the actions are full.
Reside bandDJMagicianBalloon animalsCaricature artistLine dancing instructionRodeoHula dancersPony ridesPetting zooIce sculptingOutdoor movie show11. Set Some Floor RulesLetting your workers know what to anticipate earlier than the occasion may help all the things run easily. It could possibly additionally enable you adhere to native ordinances and guidelines on the venue. Listed here are some issues to think about when setting floor guidelines.
Who’s invited? (youngsters, spouses, pets, and many others.)Will the picnic have alcohol?Ought to attendees carry something?Are individuals required to take part in actions?What time ought to they arrive and depart by?Does the venue have any guidelines that have to be communicated? (noise guidelines, and many others.)12. Ship Out InvitationsOnce you realize the main points just like the date and site, ship out invites to everybody in your visitor checklist. Specify who’s invited and what’s anticipated of every visitor. Then ask for RSVPs so you’ll be able to plan your meals and actions.
It’s conventional to ship paper invites. However this may occasionally range based mostly on the way you talk together with your crew. For instance, it’s possible you’ll ship a digital invitation by way of e mail and even create a Fb occasion when you have an lively neighborhood of your crew members on the location. Simply be sure that everybody in your crew has entry to the platform you select.
13. Determine on the Seating ArrangementsSome picnics simply depart tables open so everybody can select the place to take a seat. Nonetheless, making prior seating preparations may help you meet your objectives. For instance, if you’d like extra individuals from completely different departments to satisfy, put individuals from completely different components of the workplace on the similar desk. Nonetheless, if you wish to foster nearer collaboration inside departments, take into account seating based mostly on every particular person’s job title.
Then at your occasion, clearly mark the place everybody is meant to take a seat. Both use a seating chart or present small tokens or prizes with every particular person’s title and a desk quantity.
14. Benefit from the Excellent Enterprise Picnic!When you’ve dealt with the duties above, you have to be effectively in your method to a profitable firm picnic. Whereas attending, don’t overlook to get pleasure from your self and mingle with all of your workers and meet their households.
What ought to I carry to an organization picnic?
The precise gadgets to carry to an organization picnic could range relying on the theme and site. For instance, a picnic at a seashore could require a towel or seashore chair, whereas a picnic with youngsters could profit from some further snacks simply in case. Listed here are some well-liked gadgets you would possibly carry with you.
SunscreenBug sprayComfortable clothes and shoesExtra waterA dish to share
Are firm picnics essential?
Firm picnics or different crew outing concepts are essential to any enterprise that wishes to enhance morale and foster collaboration. Picnics present a low-key environment for everybody to get collectively and socialize outdoors the workplace. You too can plan video games and actions that foster crew constructing and enable you meet your organization’s objectives.
What can I do as a substitute of an organization picnic?
If you happen to’re not excited by planning an precise firm picnic, there are different occasions that may accomplish related objectives. These could also be preferrred for small groups, these in unpredictable climates, or groups that merely don’t need to plan an occasion from scratch. For instance:
Carry out team-building actions at your workplace throughout work hoursHost a pizza get together throughout lunchAttend a sporting occasion togetherRent a bowling alley for the eveningHost a flowery indoor banquetImage: Depositphotos